This is the third year in a row that she's created a literary theme for her gifts. I love them.
This year was The Wizard of Oz.
- Ruby slippers (literally slippers)
- poppy seeds
- lions and tigers and bears (oh my)
- emerald earrings (green crystal & silver, she made them)
- apples (a la the angry trees in the movie)
- a silver heart frame (tin man)
- a book of word puzzles (scarecrow/brain)
- a bottle of Professor Marvel's Liquid Courage for the Cowardly Lion (mini wine bottle with a custom label she created)
- Wizard & Gale's Wicked Witch Repellant (bottled water with a custom label she created)
- a gingerbread village to represent home
Last year was Alice in Wonderland.
- drink me (soda)
- eat me (a cupcake, not shown, eaten)
- pea soup (more pepper)
- marzipan (in lieu of mushrooms)
The inaugural year, 2008, she did Little House on the Prairie.
- a "tin cup"
- sticks of candy
- little heart-shaped, golden-brown cake
- a shiny new penny