Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Anniversary of DOOM

I've noticed something recently.

Nearly every blog I read is roughly one year old.

Now, why is that?

Is it near the one year mark that one hits one's stride and gains a widespread following?

Or...should I be...afraid?

What precisely happens to a blog that's, say, one and a HALF?

[Insert Twilight Zone theme]

(Don't give me that "because they all started as a New Year's resolution" song and dance. I detect something more sinister. Because it's more entertaining that way.)

P.S. -- Hi, entire writing blogosphere! I'm reading Save the Cat, too! Great book. And I love how he saves the cat on page xv of the Introduction. A perfect, engaging example to prove he knows what he's talking about.

8 comments:

  1. Just had my fifth anniversary in September. So maybe I escaped the curse. ;) But I have noticed a lot of blogs are old. I think it's because people update FB and Twitter before their blogs now. Blogs are old school. I still love them, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. It's one of the first I ever read.

    While I like FB, it's too ephemeral. I dislike that my older posts are buried so deeply in the muck that they might as well be gone forever. I can't go back and see what I was doing this time last year without spending nearly a year clicking Older Posts.

    Anyway, I'm old school, so it's appropriate that I blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old school? Oh dear! I only started blogging recently and I thought I was being so *now*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until, that is, you reach the one-year mark. Then the bogeymen come and get you. Unless it's a Wednesday. Bogeymen get Wednesdays off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well...mine was started at the new year to make it easier to remember my blogoversary...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resourceful. I have a vague idea that I started this blog in September. I'll have to check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, what Tony Benson said! I started blogging in November, so I have a long way to go before a one year anniversary.

    ReplyDelete