Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Eenie Meenie

It's battle of the blog (providers) over here.

I've been on wordpress.com, but I'm getting irritated that I can't use scripts, have followers/friends, et cetera.

I thought I'd try Blogger, since so many of you are "over there," but it took ages to get my wordpress export file to convert and import to Blogger. I wasn't even that interested anymore by the time it succeeded; it just became a grudge match. Now it works, though. I've got it looking a lot like this site. However...??? Is that what I really want?

Now I'm looking at a wordpress.org account (self-hosted).  Ah the confusion.

I'll be sure to post over here, should there be a definitive change.

Always remember the alternate URL http://www.untitlement.com -- that should take you to whichever option I choose. Ultimately. This is all going to take some time.

Let me know your recommendations. Are you pro/con Wordpress.com, Wordpress.org, or Blogger? Anything else I should consider?

I'd love input.

5 comments:

  1. i prefer blogger. BUT that's because i'm on blogger and really don't have much experience with anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard people say that Blogger looks "less professional" than Wordpress. Since Blogger added static pages to the menu of things you can do with your blog, I would say it's as functional as Wordpress and a teensy bit more intuitive in terms of using it. I like the social networking aspect of Blogger. Overall, I find it more friendly.

    That having been said, I will follow your feed no matter what, Caroline, so no worries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Elizabeth! You made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll take the lack of complaints as a vote in Blogger's favor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use Blogger because that's what I first became acquainted with. I can't even imagine what's involved with transferring posts, or what have you, from one format to the other...
    That said, I can't say that I've had any complaints regarding Blogger, but I don't try to do a whole lot of fancy stuff. And I do like the Follower option.

    ReplyDelete