Thursday, March 24, 2011

Oh No U Don't



Confession:

Every time I call a business that uses voice recognition to navigate menus, I just know they're secretly listening, smothering laughter, and whispering, "She sounds so stupid!" Shouting and over-enunciating are not famous for making one feel dignified.

My desk is covered with rumpled bits of paper bearing what I hope to be genius, the missing Lego pieces in this hamfisted sculpture of a novel. It's been a good week for that -- little bits of inspiration hitting me from all sides, sending me scurrying for napkins, old receipts, crayons, what have you. It's lovely, and my desk is a satisfying mess.

So I'll be diving into that for a bit.

In the meanwhile, enjoy this random bit of 1980s Sesame Street fun (featuring Smokey Robinson) that I discovered today while reading reviews of last night's Motown-themed American Idol. (Go James Durbin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment