Monday, April 4, 2011

I. Am. Freaking. Out.

How twelve am I?

I began shaking and crying just a few pages into the third volume of The Hunger Games, and now I'm seventy pages from the end, still shaking and haunted, and I can't get back to reading for a few hours. I'm heartbroken. And if they don't fix what I want fixed very soon (and don't even hint, if you know), I am going to be a wreck.

For me? The hype? Merited!

What a  story.

ETA: Whew. All better now.  Started Saturday afternoon with book one; finished entire trilogy by Monday night. Shall I loop back and start again? ;)

4 comments:

  1. Caroline, I was sooo glad that I started reading that trilogy long after the third book had come out. I think my head would have exploded if I'd had to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! I know I waited for each Harry Potter book to be released and didn't suffer, but I'm still glad I was able to read start to finish with this series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 was my favorite book. I thought the games in that one was so cool, and i was a bit bummed that they didn't get to play it all the way through (even though i didn't want them to all die).
    I'm looking forward to the movies

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you read them! (so glad the story worked itself out, too). I loved the absolute unpredictability of the story line, and I'm excited for a second reading now that I'll know how things turn out in the end.

    ReplyDelete